PALLIATIVE CARE ACT
Who are we?
Palliative Care ACT is a representative voice for palliative care in the Australian Capital Territory. Formed in 1985, we are a non-government, not for profit community based organisation, a registered charity and a founding member of the national peak body, Palliative Care Australia.
Our mission is to influence, foster and promote the delivery of quality care at end of life for all and to offer compassion and support to those with a life limiting illness, their carers and families.
We aim to:
• promote palliative care in the community
• provide education in aspects of palliative care
• deliver volunteer palliative care services to support clients and their families with care, compassion, respect and dignity
• advocate for, and promote provision of best quality palliative care services; and
• support other like minded organisations through partnerships and collaboration.
We are a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.
Keep informed about our activities
What we do
TO DELIVER OUR MISSION WE:
promote palliative care in the community
provide community education in aspects of palliative care
advocate for, and promote, provision of best quality palliative care services.
support other likeminded organisations through partnerships and collaboration
deliver volunteer palliative services to support patients, carers and their families with care, compassion, respect and dignity
MANY OF OUR SERVICES ARE DELIVERED BY VOLUNTEERS, SUPPORTED BY A PROFESSIONAL TEAM WHO TRAIN THEM AND COORDINATE THEIR ACTIVITIES.