CLARE HOLLAND HOUSE
Clare Holland House
Barton ACT 2600
02 6264 7300
Clare Holland House is under the management of Canberra Health Services. It is an inpatient palliative care unit where a specially trained team cares for people with a life-threatening illness. Clare Holland House is a hospice serving the ACT and the region.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the care provided at the hospice.
WHAT ROLE DOES PALLIATIVE CARE ACT PLAY?
Our volunteers at Clare Holland House provide a broad range of services including:
- providing companionship and comfort to clients;
- supporting families/carers;
- assisting with transport for appointments;
- accompanying clients for walks;
- assisting at mealtimes;
- assisting with letter writing or reading to patients;
- providing hand and foot massages; and
- helping on the Clare Holland House reception desk (after hours).