New Volunteer Training
Two new volunteer training sessions have been completed in the past two and a half months. Please join us in welcoming twenty-one new volunteers to our organisation.
We have some exciting changes coming in the way we train our new volunteers and look forward to sharing the details with you soon.
Mental Health and Innovative Wellbeing Grant
Do you know someone who is providing in-home care to a loved one with a life-limiting illness in the ACT?
Has their mental health and wellbeing been affected due to COVID-19?
If so, Palliative Care ACT would like to help!
Palliative Care ACT’s Mental Health and Wellbeing program can help by working with you to identify your needs and collaboratively establish the best and most effective way to have these needs met.
Palliative Care ACT will assist with making arrangements and paying for the costs of these supports.
Supports may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Respite care – at PC ACT’s home-like environment Leo’s Place, providing day and/or overnight respite care for your loved one.
- Time away from your caring role to attend to appointments, workshops, employment etc.
- Support Social/therapeutic activities – social lunches, art, writing, photography, yoga, tai chi, massage, etc.
- Educational workshops –knowledge on topics such as life planning, computers, back care, wills, etc
- Assistance to return to work or communicating with your employer
- Carer Advocacy – support and advice for yourself and/or the person you care for.
Contact Palliative Care ACT for further information via the following.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 6255 5771 during office hours