Our range of services include.
Home based volunteers provide support and companionship to people with life-threatening illnesses in their homes. Demand for this service is increasing and Palliative Care ACT is currently recruiting volunteers to provide this important service.
Services we can provide our clients include:
• Providing companionship and comfort to clients;
• Supporting families/carers;
• Assisting with transport for appointments and outings;
• Making a ‘light meal’ or cuppa;
• Writing letters or reading with people; and
• Providing hand and foot massages.
Our home-based services provide support to the carer and can relieve the stress on the family, allowing time and space to do what is important and to nurture the relationships within the family.