Our mission is to influence, foster and promote the delivery of quality care at end of life for all and to offer compassion and support to those with a life limiting illness, their carers and families.
We aim to:
- promote palliative care in the community
- provide education in aspects of palliative care
- deliver volunteer palliative care services to support clients and their families with care, compassion, respect and dignity
- advocate for, and promote provision of best quality palliative care services; and
- support other like minded organisations through partnerships and collaboration.
Palliative Care ACT is the representative voice of palliative care in the ACT. Formed in 1985, we are a not for profit community based organisation, a registered charity and a founding member of the national peak body, Palliative Care Australia.
We are a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.